You can apply for, renew or replace your passport and pay for it online. You’ll have to print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards and online banking from local banks.
It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices.
For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
STEPS OF APPLICATION
1. Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
3. Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
4. Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
5. Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
6. Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices.( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
DURING THE SUBMISSION YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING
1. An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
2. Original birth certificate and photocopy.
3. Original National ID Card & copy.
4. Three Current passport size photos.
5. Recommender’s ID Card copy.
6. Consent letter for minors.
7. Old passport for replacement.
8. Parents National ID cards and copy
32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series Kshs. 4,550
48 pages Ordinary "B" Series Kshs. 6,050
64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series Kshs. 7,550
East African Passport Kshs. 990
Diplomatic passport (48 page) Kshs 7,550
Mutilated Passport Kshs 10,050
Lost Passport Kshs 12,050